Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Walking Today

I will head into town this morning and go for a long walk, not a real long walk, but a longer one than yesterday. I think an 8 mile walk would be a good goal. So I need to do that early, before the temperature and humidity get out of control!

I am in pretty good shape after the long walk last Saturday; no injuries and my feet are in good shape for now. I know that the new socks helped with that. Isn't that odd? That something so simple as new socks can make such a big difference.

All in all, I am in pretty good health. My stomach is much flatter and I am down to 199-200 pounds. I wouldn’t mind getting down to 190. In fact, I enjoy seeing a thinner face looking out of the mirror at me every morning. It’s hard to believe that I was up to 240 pounds a few years ago. But I was eating in restaurants at least 50% of the time and just doing that will really put the pounds on. I know this weight loss is good for my knees and I suppose the same could be said for my feet; less is always better!

When I left the Navy I weighed 175, but I doubt that I can re-visit that territory. That's ancient history!

No comments: