Saturday, August 20, 2005

Ouch!

I just finished up my long walk and it was...18.75 miles and I did it in 4:36 minutes. That's an average of 14.72 minutes per mile. Not bad. I was planning on going slower but once I got into the walk, the pace became automatic. My first 6 miles was at a 4.2 mph average and at the end of 13 miles, I was doing 4.1 mph. And overall I came in with a 4.0 mph average. Not a big swing in the numbers between the start and the finish and that is what's needed for a marathon; a steady pace that will eat away the miles without tearing you up.

The only pain I had was when I took my left sock off at home. A brand new pair of socks ruined! There were two holes in the sole of the sock and when I investigated, I found a small rock in my shoe. Luckily, it didn't bleed and I have a feeling the pain will soon be gone.

No comments: