Sunday, August 14, 2005

Day 55

Good morning. It’s Sunday and I can tell you that yesterday was good as well. It began with a long walk, starting at 6:30 and ending 4 hours and 40 minutes later. We covered 17.3 miles during that time and at a reasonably slow pace. The proof of that strategy will be apparent on Monday when I do a faster, shorter walk. In fact, I am now looking forward to next week’s long walk. 18 miles? Sure, why not? These longer walks are also great for the “mental game”, as we prepare for the marathon.

And, after our walk, we went to the Fleet Feet store and ordered some new shoes for the race. These are New Balance Race Walking shoes and a new design; much better looking than the old model, although still a little flashier than I am accustomed to. We should get those shoes in about a week.

The rest of the day was good as well, as we had grandchildren and children filling the house, making their mother (and me) quite happy. We also had some pool time of course, which helped the tired muscles to recuperate. In fact, I don’t feel any specific pains at all this morning, and that is a good thing.

No comments: