Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Day 53

Another walking day is now history. I did the once around the park loop, or approximately a 1/4 of a marathon. This time my GPS unit told me that I was cruising and not getting up to speed. The best I could do was a 4.9 mph and eventually that drifted down to 4.7 mph. Surprise! I ended up back at the starting line with an elapsed time of 80 minutes; the same as yesterday’s time. So what’s going on? I guess I need to determine an arbitrary number for that distance and use my watch for timing. The trees seem to confuse the GPS unit.

OK, here it is…6.5 miles all the way around the park, including the loop outside the park onto Mangrove and back into the park. So my time/speed for today and yesterday are 12.31 minute miles and 4.87 mph.

Other than that confusion over distance, everything went well…until I got home and took my shoes off. I saw blood all over the toe area of my right sock. I never felt a thing, but I apparently developed a tiny blister on one toe and it bled. I still can’t quite see where the injury is, it’s that small! But this points out how important little things like “good” socks are. That was a new pair of Nike socks, but there is a flaw in the material that was rubbing.

Weight 200.8 BFI 24.1 BP108/62 Pulse 61

No comments: