Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Day 11

Another day in the park. It started with my trip to the VW dealer for scheduled service. I dropped the car off at 7:30 and headed across the downtown maze on my way to Bidwell. This is always fun, as I get to see so many different houses, mostly old, on my way to the entrance on 4th Street. Once inside the park I was able to maintain a good pace. I noted that after about 4 miles, I was really feeling strong and although my pace was at 4.6 mph, I was sure that I could maintain it. On my way back to the VW dealer, I detoured down around Morning Thunder restaurant and decided that this restaurant must have been the source of the great aroma of sausage and eggs that I noted a few weeks ago. Before going much further, I stopped and put on my “Groucho Marx” glasses, complete with mustache and cigar. (I am not supposed to be seen in public while racewalking and this way I can protect my family from any embarrassment.)

Sure enough, I did a full 8 miles at 4.6 mph and feel pretty confident about the marathon. No walking tomorrow as it is irrigation day, but I think a walk on Thursday and Friday will be in order.

Weight 198.4 BFI 24 BP 106/57 Pulse 70

No comments: