Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another day in the park

Not bad. I was able to get in a 7.25 mile walk and was able to keep up a good pace...no straining. I did it in 1 hour and 35 minutes which translates to a 13.1 minute mile average.

That pace would be a good one to maintain for the full marathon, but can I? I'm doing it without my partner so I will need to find a way to become motivated for the full time I'm on the course. If the Chico racewalker, Lin Jensen, is doing the race, I will try and stay close behind him. I don't want him to know I'm there...that would only make him walk faster! And if he doesn't do the Portland this year, I will have to content myself with picking off walkers, one at a time.

Good news. I met with my new doctor and he tells me that the shoulder pain I am experiencing is probably some calcification in the joint which impinges upon the nerve. The odd feeling in my arm that I assumed to be a circulation problems is simply the nerve reacting.

Vitals...BP 125/66 Pulse 58 and weight 195.7

No comments: