Friday, August 18, 2006

Sleeping in

A good morning…after a late start, I got onto the trail about 6:38 and began my trips around the park. I had forgotten to bring any kind of timing device with me so I was stuck with using the clock in the car. That and my knowledge of how far it was from here to there; sort of. And I had new socks on; always a dangerous proposition when going for more than 5 or 6 miles.

The first time around was completed in a leisurely 83 minutes (13.28 minute/miles) and then I went for an additional 4 miles. All in all; 10.25 miles approximately and in 137 minutes exactly. (13.36 minute/miles) The socks worked fine and I had a nice workout.

Now is the time to begin a countdown to race day. 43 days? So I need to get in some distance walks and soon.

Vitals: BP 108/53 and pulse of 60. Good! Weight: 197 Also good!

No comments: