Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Last Day

Let’s see, the goal was to get past the last days mileage and continue on at a good speed. So I did a long and fairly fast walk. Fast enough for me. And using the distances I charted the other day really helps me to pick and choose where I walk. The “walk around the park till you drop” routine was so boring! Now my only challenge is remembering all those turns and detours so that I can calculate it all at the end. So as best I can calculate, it was a 13.66 mile walk and I did it in 182 minutes. That gives me 13.32 minute/miles. If I could do a marathon at that rate, I would be crossing the finish line about 5 hours and 49 minutes after the start. (That’s a 2:54:00 ½ marathon time and I have done better than that.)

The best part is the fact that today is my last day as a 65 year old and I can still walk pretty darn fast!

BP 113/54  Pulse 69  and the weight is 192.6 pounds

No comments: