Sunday, August 20, 2006

Racing

I went into town early, hoping to get in a fast 5 mile walk. I had enough aches and pains from yesterday’s 15 mile jaunt that I needed something short to warm me up and remove the pains.

I arrived about 6:20 and there was no one else around. Bidwell is pretty quiet early on Sunday mornings. So off I went…and immediately began to argue with myself. 3 miles would be enough, I said. I replied that I had promised myself 5 miles and that was that! The bickering continued until I stepped in and said, “Enough! You’re doing 4 miles.” And so I did. I did quite well at…12.02 minutes per mile for a 48.08 minute overall time. That’s better than I did at the Fleet Feet Senior 4 Mile event.

And afterwards, the minor aches pains were all gone. Feeling good!

No comments: