Saturday, August 26, 2006

Style

Saturday has arrived I’m prepared for a longer than normal walk. I hope to get in close to 16+ miles today. Part of the walking time will be spent in measuring distances in the park, as I want to have an idea of how far I’m walking without using my GPS unit and wondering how accurate it is. Then I will finish up by trying out some of the distances at a racewalking speed.

I should point out that I’m not a very good racewalker. My style is definitely my own and I would certainly be disqualified within a few miles if I tried to race in a judged race. I even spent a weekend with Dave McGovern while trying to learn the basics of racewalking, some years ago. And while it was fun and informational, I can only hope that he has destroyed the video tapes of my walking style.  

No comments: